The OBRL Journal Pulse of the Planet
Back Issue No.3 from 1991, Available Once Again
* Pulse of the Planet No.3: On Peaceful Versus Violent Societies, Nuclear Accidents, and Wilhelm Reich’s Orgone Energy for Healing Land and Life
For North American purchases:
http://www.orgonelab.org/cart/xpulse.htm (scroll down)
For European or other International
First published in 1991, Pulse of the Planet No.3 was part of a series of occasional reports by the Orgone Biophysical Research Laboratory (OBRL), edited by James DeMeo, PhD. This particular issue continued to present new materials documenting long-distance geophysical, atmospheric and biological reactions to the on-going program of underground nuclear testing of that period. It also provided additional information on Wilhelm Reich’s orgone energy discovery, including papers which discussed the use of the orgone energy accumulator for health and healing. An experimental field test of Reich’s cloudbusting method to increase rains over Arizona in 1989, was also reported. Additional papers presented a concise discussion on cross-cultural factors which identify peaceful versus violent societies, including DeMeo’s work on Saharasia. Plus, a discussion on Summerhill School in Suffolk England was also presented.
This third issue of Pulse contains the following materials:
* By James DeMeo: "The Origins and Diffusion of Patrism in Saharasia, c.4000 BCE: Evidence for a Worldwide, Climate-Linked Geographical Pattern in Human Behavior", "OROP Arizona 1989: A Cloudbusting Experiment to Bring Rains in the Desert Southwest", and "Interview with James DeMeo" conducted by Matthew Ryan.
* By James Prescott: "Body Pleasure and the Origins of Violence".
* By Mitzuru Katagiri: "Three Mile Island: The Language of Science versus the People’s Reality".
* By Heiko Lassek: "Orgone Accumulator Therapy of Severely Diseased People".
* By Myron D. Brenner: "Orgonotic Devices in the Treatment of Infectious Conditions".
* By Matthew Appleton: "The Ecology of Childhood: A View from Summerhill School".
* By Eva Reich: "Thank You For This Honor".
* Conference Reports & Book Reviews.
* Research Progress Report.
* Emotional Plague Report.
* Science, Sex-Economic & Environmental Notes.
* Nuclear Hazards.
* Orgonomic Research Review.
* Calendar of Forthcoming Events.
* Letters to the Editor.
This was the third and last issue of Pulse of the Planet under that specific title, though it continued as an "Occasional Report" from the OBRL under separate book titles. The original edition of Pulse No.3 went out of print years ago, but is now made available once again given the importance of the materials, both for the issues they raise, as well as for the history of orgonomy in the period after Reich’s death.
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
– George Orwell
Weekend Seminar on:
Wilhelm Reich’s Original Orgonomic Discoveries:
Foundations and Science
Emphasizing New Research Supporting Reich